Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vp Textile/Sales Associate (Full Time 40 hrs)
at Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc.
- 02-Apr-2019 to 31-May-2019 (EST)
- Valparaiso, IN, USA
- Full Time
To receive, sort, price, tag and stock donations, keeping the flow of donations moving quickly from drive-thru to the sales floor, and to generally aid in the smooth operation of a fast-paced retail store. Position reports to Store Management and/or Production Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knows and understands the Goodwill Mission: "Strengthen communities by empowering individuals and families through education, training and job placement".
- Sort, price, size pants and tag for sale all donated textile and accessories at a rate of 80 pieces per hour within quality standards.
- Accurately track quantity of goods processed.
- Move carts containing goods to be processed.
- Process donations and move merchandise directly to sales floor.
- Empty donation box and process donations.
- Empty trash into compactor as needed.
- Put out stock by category in a timely manner while watching for exceptions to standard pricing.
- Accurately count money and make change.
- Accurately ring register being aware of proper pricing.
- Know Visa and MasterCard procedures, all forms of payment and discounts including Goody Bucks, Good Points and MGB.
- Properly bag merchandise.
- Alert management regarding altered tickets.
- Communicate specials to customers.
- Acknowledge all customers and contributors in a helpful & friendly manner
- Refer customers to management as warranted.
- Watch for shoplifting, for ticket switching and for non-store people in unauthorized areas.
- Maintain safe working and shopping environment.
- Ask every paying customer if they would like to Round Up (their change goes to support our Mission)
- Know how to properly use the overhead paging system and be able to make promotional announcements.
- Attend the Donation Drive Thru:
- Answer the door as soon as the buzzer rings and politely greet the donor.
- Promptly unload donations for donor.
- Able to politely refuse unacceptable items.
- Keep a tally of Drive-Thru customers.
- Answer all telephone calls in a professional manner by at least the 3rd
- Assist callers if possible.
- Direct all other calls to management.
- Log truck as requested by management.
- Prepare stock by sorting, sizing, pricing and hanging as necessary.