Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Aid Manager
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Financial Aid Manager to ensure the financial aid specialists on the assigned team are motivated and coached to provide high quality throughput while meeting the processing expectations of the team.
- Coaches and develops people to remove obstacles to build themselves into top performers.
- Manages and monitors operations of a student financial aid department to ensure established processes are implemented that provide for timely and accurately processing of student financial aid.
- Ensures student financial services are in compliance with all federal, state, accreditation, and institutional guidelines/regulations.
- Continually innovates processes to improve operations and team effectiveness.
- Reconciles large financial accounts and ensures accurate and timely transmission of information to multiple third parties.
- Develops a deep understanding of all financial aid policies and procedures under management to adequately train, mentor and develop staff.
- Continually evaluates team and process effectiveness, ensuring that changes are made as needed to maintain high levels of efficiency.
- Maintains subject matter expertise on processes under management by assisting the team with regular processing of financial aid accounts.
- Maintains a positive, upbeat, fun, inspirational attitude and encourages this attitude in staff.
- Reconciles the various financial aid programs including Title IV funds, state grant funds, and institutional aid and scholarships.
- Oversees the processing and/or certifications of new and continuing grant applications and the accurate completion of verification and documentation of selected applicants and of independent status.
- Researches funding opportunities, grants, funds, etc.
- Trains staff in Financial Aid procedures and policies.
- Performs quality control of calls, emails, and tickets
- Supervision and leadership of team of financial aid specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in student financial aid preferred.
- 2+ years management experience (preferably in a production-based environment where a high degree of coaching was employed) preferred.
- May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of campus based programs (Perkins, Pell, SEOG, etc).
- Knowledge of Title IV regulations and federal Financial Aid need analysis.
- Ability to think critically to identify and correct process deficiencies as well as continually develop process improvements.
- Able to communicate effectively with various levels of personnel.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com