Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Ledger Manager
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Accounting department is seeking a full time General Ledger Manager. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of monthly financials and reconciliations; establish processes to track and report on donations and grants for client; compliance and adherence to policies and government regulations; and preparation of audit support schedules. Working under general guidance, the manager has responsibility for the performance and productivity of staff assigned to complete month end close processing, fixed asset monthly processes, banking, accounting for leases, grant tracking, donation accounting, and reconciliation completion specifically for nonprofit client(s).
- Oversees the preparation and accuracy of University’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manages and supports the setting up of accounting systems/reporting to produce nonprofit financials, including tracking various program and non-program expenses, and donor-restricted and unrestricted assets.
- Responsible for working with client(s) to set up scholarship fund accounting.
- Oversees reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including but not limited to cash, fixed assets, notes payable, and other liabilities.
- Assists in preparing and managing audit requests from internal audit, NCAA audit, and client audit partners.
- Partners effectively with management and related staff and/or outside providers to understand, identify, explain and recommend, and implement necessary revisions to policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reporting for client entities requiring specific revenue and expense information.
- Makes recommendations regarding policies, processes, workflow, software systems, etc. to ensure optimum efficiency of operations.
- Role will supervise staff of 3-4 entry level and senior level accountants. Dependent on business growth additions to staff will need budget approval and may consist of part time staff/student workers/interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a regionally accredited institution
- CPA strongly preferred.
- 3 years’ work experience in nonprofit accounting. Work experience for a nonprofit University is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of federal grants and regulations (preferred).
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation.
- First-hand knowledge and expertise with nonprofit accounting and reporting, preferably in higher education but not necessary.
- Expert knowledge of FASB/GAAP regulations.
- Excellent planning and project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Advanced level PC skills with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft software applications.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Highly-developed communication skills.
- Understanding of industry and economic trends affecting businesses helpful.
- Commitment and desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to cope professionally with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics.
- Diligent and thorough with an attention to detail.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com