Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
APRN Student Success Manager - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is hiring for an APRN Student Success Manager. This faculty position is primarily responsible for the assessment, monitoring and coordination of course and standardized test results of APRN nursing students and creating individual remediation plans to assist students to use supplemental instruction to enhance cognitive, clinical and testing readiness skills to successfully complete GCU’s APRN Nursing program and pass the National Certification exam.
- Assesses academic test results of APRN nursing students and develops individual success plans.
- Meets with students on a regular basis to monitor utilization of remediation strategies.
- Tutors students in content area as well as in test taking skills in preparation for all exams (course, predictor, and national certification exam).
- Meets with faculty as needed to discuss students’ progress.
- Analyzes relevant student academic data to identify gaps in student’s academic progress
- Interprets results of predictor exams with students.
- Maintains documentation of student remediation plans, processes and success.
- Collaborates with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward achievement of degree and first time passing of the National Certification Exam.
- Preserves lines of communication with program faculty and leads, including attendance in select faculty meetings.
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University.
- Supports processes and procedures for promoting instructional quality and applied practice in nursing curriculum programs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the GCU mission and vision, the nursing program mission and philosophy, student learning outcomes and the curriculum model.
- May be asked to fulfill other roles as needed within the College of Nursing.
- Meets with the NCLEX Success Manager to collaborate and mirror relevant processes across both APRN and pre-licensure programs.
- Teaching requirement based on the needs of the college.
- Some travel may be required to GCU cohort sites within greater Phoenix area.
- Master’s degree required (MSN).
- An active and unencumbered Registered Nurse.
- Experience in assessment of student learning outcomes and remediation strategies required.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with National Board Certification preferred
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, databases, and routine office software (email, internet, etc.)
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to identify trends in specific weak areas of advance practice nursing content to successfully operationalize certification reviews.
- Demonstrates current, detailed and accurate knowledge of the certification exams as well as currency in knowledge in the field to provide academic support.
- Ability to use different teaching methods and to transmit information in a manner which is accessible and comprehensible to students.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.