Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facility Manager - Canyon Activities Center
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Facility Manager for the Canyon Activities Center. Under the leadership of the Director of Campus Recreation, this position is responsible for providing leadership and management of the administration of the Canyon Activity Center.
- Responsible for oversight of all facility and operational needs including housekeeping, maintenance, renovations and use of facilities both internal and external.
- Responsible for leadership and supervision of Operations staff, which may be Graduate assistants, student workers and full/part time staff.
- Provide daily operational oversight for the facility and equipment.
- Coordinate with Intramural and Club Sports and any other campus departments on program needs within the CAC.
- Assist Director of Campus Recreation on annual operating and capital budget including forecast of revenues and expenses.
- Develop housekeeping schedule and protocol so facility meets OSHA and GCU operating standards; develop regular and preventative maintenance schedule for facility and equipment.
- Provide recommendations for facility and equipment purchase, repair and replacement.
- Coordinate communication of facility information to members and the campus community including: responding to customer suggestions, complaints, needs and interests in a timely manner.
- Responsible for establishment of customer service standards and ensuring customers using the facility have a good experience; take corrective action when necessary.
- Establish and monitor overall facility operational signage to ensure it meets OSHA and GCU operational standards; develop operational policies and procedures for use of facility and equipment to ensure safety of users.
- Collaborate with GCU EHS staff to ensure facility has risk management and emergency action plan.
- Develop and maintain schedules and reports which reflect accurate participant and program data and usage to provide to management.
- Assist with the logistical planning needed for use of facility for rentals and special events.
- Serve as key contact with marketing department and collaborate on marketing pieces (flyers, website, etc.) needed for promotion of facility and for special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3 or more years related work experience in the Recreation Field.
- CPR Certified and AED Certified, or the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment, and thoroughly familiar with first aid techniques. Certifications in First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogens is helpful but not required.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, email, internet, and other routine software.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master's degree in recreation, sports management, or business management.
- 3 or more years related work experience in the Campus Recreation Field.
- Experience in working with student leaders.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.