Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University’s Library is seeking a full time Reference Manager to oversee the scheduling and delivery of reference services, communication between library staff and patrons and day-to-day operations of the library. Reports to the Director of Library Services.
- The hours for this position will include a four-day workweek of Wednesdays through Saturdays from 11:30am - 10:30pm.
- Schedules all library staff to work at the Reference physical desk and schedules coverage of virtual reference services.
- Maintains circulation and reference statistics; creates Excel graphs and charts.
- Monitors emails, phone calls, chat sessions and other communication between staff and patrons to ensure maintenance of high standards of customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing reference and circulation policies and procedures.
- Furnishes information on library activities, hours, facilities, rules, events and services.
- Explores existing and new technologies to improve function of library services.
- Maintains library patron overdue accounts and oversees collection of overdue fines, and other fees, issues receipts and accounts for all monies collected at circulation desk.
- Schedules bibliographic instruction, including webinars and workshops.
- Provides instruction and actively participates in the development and design of classes related to the use of the library and its resources.
- Develops library user guides, both printed and electronic.
- Responsible for stacks maintenance.
- Acts as a liaison for the library with other departments.
- Participates in library outreach programs and conducts library tours.
- Working hours may include evening and weekend hours.
- Explains and assists in use of reference resources, such as book and periodical indexes, to locate information.
- Describes or demonstrates procedures for navigating the public access catalog or electronic resources such as databases.
- Answers queries on complicated reference subjects, including formulating and processing online search requests and sets standards for customer service.
- Responsible for supervisory activities for the Reference team which includes, Reference Librarians (full time/part time), Library Assistants and student workers.
- Other duties as assigned
- ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library Science required.
- 5 years relative experience in providing library services in either public or educational institutions.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience which is directly related to job content may be substituted upon management approval.
- Extensive knowledge of library practices, management techniques, collection development, and technology applications.
- Proven leadership and management skills that foster teamwork, effective communication, and high morale.
- Extensive knowledge of personnel management and library budgetary practices and responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience using library technology systems and their applications.
- Enthusiastic and dynamic with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A sensitivity, understanding and respect of cultural differences.
- Knowledgeable of database management.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite, internet, email, social media, etc.
- Strong administrative, business and organizational skills.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.