Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veteran's Resource Center Manager
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Veteran’s Resource Center Manager. This position is Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive program of services and outside resources to ensure the well-being and success for student veterans primarily but includes all military connected students.
- Provides overall direction and leadership by developing programming that builds strong support networks for student veterans and their families; engages subject matter content experts as needed to build the programmatic infrastructure needed.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Veteran Resource Center; ensuring that the center is staffed and all staff is able to inform and/or connect the military connected students with the appropriate support resource needed.
- Coordinates all logistics for all program activities, events, and programs as it relates to transition and support of military-connected students.
- Maintains current database of State and Federal Veteran services and resource information (Example: Housing, welfare assistance, medical assistance, scholarships).
- Gains understanding of the various elements that support enrollment and college finances and ensures that all military connected students are advised by the appropriate entities such as, GCU financial aid, billing specialists and enrollment personnel to ensure they understand their financial obligations and what resources are available to support them.
- Provides information to management and all GCU related stakeholders about the unique needs and perspectives of veteran military students and engages in collaborative discussions as to how to meet the needs and leverage the unique perspective and talents of military connected students.
- Actively participates in relevant and appropriate military-related associations, meetings and conferences to keep up to date on education about veteran’s issues and to advance the brand of GCU being military friendly.
- Oversees Student Veteran Association (SVA); establishes the presence of the SVA among the student population through meaningful and engaging activities and creates an atmosphere/culture that engages students to participate.
- Assesses, monitors and tracks the needs of the current student veteran population; recommends new initiatives according to the identified needs.
- Establishes presence in the Arizona community that GCU is supportive and dedicated to providing services and resources to the veteran community; builds a network of resources who want to partner with GCU in providing services.
- Develops and conducts customized new student orientation for military connected students; ensures that the information provided helps support the transition from military life to academic/campus life.
- Conducts annual program review assessment; provides findings to senior management.
- Adheres to all University compliance policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a customer service department which required handling of escalated customer issues.
- Minimum of 8 years in the military service or less years if served as a military recruiter or in a military administrative role which required understanding of regulations.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of veterans’ benefits and certification process.
- Ability to cope effectively in high stress or emotional situations.
- Ability to work with people of various viewpoints, cultural backgrounds and skill levels.
- Proficient in public speaking to any size audience; ability to engage listeners and help them to understand how GCU is supporting them.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to schedule and manage concurrent multiple projects or events.
- Must maintain confidentiality of student and/or staff information at all times.
- Computer proficiency utilizing routine office software such as MS Office Suite, email, internet, database(s), etc., and a familiarity with social media platforms.
- Must be able to work some evening and weekend hours to deliver program events.
- Possess excellent professional relationship building/networking skills, demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written) skills and possess strong leadership skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.