Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Product Manager
at Great Clips
Great Clips is all about making things great - whether by making someone look their best through a great haircut or by building great products that deliver superior experiences to users. Technical Product Managers are the masterminds that lead the vision, innovation and execution of digital product solutions that deliver greatness.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will take on the challenge of leading product development efforts to create digital solutions that deliver value to the Great Clips brand, to franchisees and to customers. These challenges, paired with your personalized development plan, will hone your technical leadership skillsets and allow you to continue leveling up your product development mastery. On your journey, you will face challenges like:
* Driving product visions and strategies
* Gaining an understanding of user needs by conducting research and working with subject matter experts
* Identifying opportunities to exploit to drive the innovative evolution of products
* Designing roadmaps that plan and prioritize what and when product teams will deliver
* Defining user stories and requirements
* Partnering with solutions delivery teams to develop new and enhance existing products
* Leading go-to-market efforts that deliver new products and improved customer experiences
* Overseeing training efforts that empower users
* Delivering presentations to audiences about key product messages
* Working with the other members of the Product Strategy & Innovation team to create best practices and processes for product owners across the company
Whether you’ve already held positions as a technical product manager or have been involved with driving the direction of digital products in some other capacity, to land this job you will need to show your proven ability to:
* Lead product development initiatives
* Build strategies and roadmaps
* Think creatively and innovate
* Organize ideas, priorities and processes
* Understand technology concepts and "what it takes" to develop technology solutions
* Close the communication gap between technical teams and non-technical departments
* Listen to others and derive their technology needs
* Influence others with your ideas
* Deliver presentations via public speaking
* Stay on top of developments and trends within technology and the marketplace
* Apply practices and principles gained through a bachelor’s degree in technology or business or equivalent years of experience
Your Work Environment
Our corporate headquarters, are located in Bloomington, MN. Most of your time will be spent here with the occasional need to travel for conferences. Because of the nature of our team-work approach, most of your time will be onsite, at our offices. With lots of natural light, hydraulic desks for standing or sitting and many other amenities, you’ll enjoy your time in the office, however, we understand the benefit of heads-down work outside the office too so you will be given some remote work day options to work into your schedule as well.
* Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
* Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
* Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
* Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from others while building strong, positive relationships.
* Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand. We see innovative technologies as a key component to this. As a member of the technology team, you would have the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and take part in all the fun around growth and innovation
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.