King Soopers & City Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bakery Department Manager D12 CM416
at King Soopers & City Market
Bakery Department Manager D12 CM416
Department: KS Deli/Bakery
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct, support and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Bakery department. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates while communicating company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated. Inform customers of bakery specials and recommend bakery items to them to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department.
- Prepare bakery items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment and offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Provide customers with fresh products the correct portion size to prevent shrink.
- Use all equipment in bakery such as the refrigerators, freezers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Partner with store management to develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads and inform associates of the same.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule routine price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines: prepare foods according to cooking instructions; ensure proper temperatures of food, cases and coolers are maintained and recorded.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Management experience
- Bakery experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Colorado
Job Segment: Merchandising, Food Safety, Manager, Quality Assurance, QA, Retail, Quality, Management, Technology