King Soopers & City Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Produce Assistant Manager D2 114
at King Soopers & City Market
Produce Assistant Manager D2 114
Department: KS Produce
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist in achieving sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor/control all established quality assurance standards. Assist with directing, supporting and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the Produce department. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates by communicating company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Assist with establishing performance goals for department and empowering associates to meet/exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Assist in training and developing associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by possessing knowledge of products sold within the department; offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about; inform customers of specials and recommend product to them.
- Prepare fruit and vegetable platters/trays.
- Review/inspect products for quality and freshness and take appropriate action with those items.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Schedule routine price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Assist in planning, organizing and supervising the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures are maintained in cases and coolers and temperature logs kept.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Produce experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Food Safety, Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Management, Quality, Technology