Gunnison Valley Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gunnison Valley Health
Work Hours: Mon-Fri, 8a - 5pm
The Admissions Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the daily admissions and reception activities of the PFS staff. Duties include training for all GVH staff who perform admission functions, daily quality assurance, scheduling the admissions staff, financial counseling, census reports, and acts as a liaison with the hospital's outside collection vendors. This position routinely interacts with patients and their families, hospital staff, insurance companies, and the public. This position has the ability to instill confidence in the team through technical expertise, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a professional appearance and approach.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer a Bachelor's Degree, but not required.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years work related skill, knowledge and experience in a healthcare provider setting.
· Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the personal, financial, medical, or employment status of a patient of GVH and their families.
· Supervises the daily admissions activities performed by the Admissions Representatives.
· Supervises the reception duties including the proper greeting and direction of guests entering the hospital, switchboard, and incoming and outgoing mail.
· Manages employees by selecting talented people, trains, and evaluates them and ensures they are compliant with hospital policies and procedures.
· Performs quality assurance on registrations, MSP, and other admissions functions on a daily basis and provides feedback to the staff.
· Supervises the estimates for services and point-of-service collections process, including daily batch reconciliation and reports.
· Performs Financial Counseling duties as necessary.
· Attends annual training to maintain competency with financial assistance programs, Medicaid, and other payors.
· Ensures compliance with Federal and State payor regulations, include completion of the ABN and MSP Medicare forms.
· Reviews the daily census, Imaging Department schedule, and patient admission data for accuracy and provides feedback to staff as necessary.
· Provides training to new admissions employees and the ongoing education for existing staff.
· Works with the Case Manager to ensure the accuracy of the status assigned to patients in a bed and to coordinate pre-authorizations for these services.
· Assists with the development and implementation of competencies, policies and procedures related to the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of patient admission services. Monitors and ensures that these policies are being followed by the staff.
· Works with the Revenue Cycle Director to prioritize department initiatives and develop, implement, monitor, revise, and communicate goals, objectives, and performance standards in order to evaluate opportunities for quality improvement.
· Successfully manages the staffing schedule to achieve optimum utilization of staff during peak times and down time.
· Responds to all patient inquiries in a timely and professional manner to ensure patient satisfaction.
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and maintains a positive working relationship with staff, management, and vendors to ensure the admissions goals are optimized and that good working relationships are cultivated and retained.
· Participates in drills and emergency response training
· May be called in for GVH disaster response.
· Other duties as assigned.