Gypsum Management and Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gypsum Management and Supply
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Oversee that all delivery personnel adhere to OSHA and GMS policies while working in the warehouse and at the jobsite
- Perform weekly and monthly GMS management safety reviews in collaboration with the Safety Manager
- Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of warehouse and yard areas
- Prepare orders by processing requests: pull accurate materials and place in appropriate area for customer pick up or delivery; loading and unloading trucks as necessary
- Maintain inventory controls through minimizing materials damage and ensuring order accuracy
- Be able to organize the warehouse and manage bin locations
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service
- Workers are required to lift up to 50 lbs., walk or stand for most of the shift, and wear protective gear and steel-toed boots
- Ensure that equipment is maintained to company operating standards
- Appropriately responding to and managing telephone calls and mail/email requests
- Assisting with the day end procedures
- Prepare, track, and manage preliminary notices
- Prepare and receive items for shipping via Fed Ex, UPS, and standard mail daily
- Deliver, process and respond to mail
- Assist front counter with customer inquiries and direct calls appropriately
- Assist Office Manager and/or Branch Manager with day to day responsibilities regarding customer orders, invoices, office supplies, and maintenance
- Scan, copy and organize important documents and files
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- High school diploma preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Forklift experience
- Knowledge & use of general office administration/management practices & technology
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with Microsoft Office products
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, & problem solving skills
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
- Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs or more at a time
- Constantly working in office environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze financial information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER