Gypsum Management and Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gypsum Management and Supply
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 200 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
A GMS subsidiary, Cherokee Building Materials has five conveniently located yards across the region including three in Arkansas (Ft. Smith, Springdale, North Little Rock) and two in Oklahoma (Tulsa, Oklahoma City). Teaming up with the top brands in the industry, we live by one simple pledge: getting the right products into our customers' hands as quickly and safely as possible. And our network of yards ensures that you are never too far from our shipping footprint.
Many of our employees have worked at Cherokee Building Materials for 10-15 years or more. We have a number of employees who started their careers in delivery and warehouse positions and later advanced into management. This is a testament to the great culture and work environment that Cherokee Building Materials provides. We really define our employees as "family" and truly care about the health and welfare of everyone who works for us. All of Cherokee Building Materials' employees pride themselves in being hard working, safe, and professional in their key roles. They are the backbone of our success as a company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Manage inventory accuracy by monitoring daily warehouse activities, load checking, cycle counts, stock rotation, non-stock items, return’s for credit and the unloading of shipments to the yard.
- Manage the daily operations of a warehouse and support fleet operations assuring timely and cost-effective service levels
- Train new warehouse/driver personnel
- Act as a liaison between drivers, customers and warehouse personnel
- Organize the warehouse and manage bin locations
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service
- Provide dispatch support as needed
- Ensure that equipment is maintained at company operating standards
- Must be able to problem solve
- High school diploma
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
- Competitive salary
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.