Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Staff Services Manager
at Hayes Locums
Overview & Benefits
Our next Credentialing Manager is going to manage a key team in our Medical Staff Services Department at Hayes Locums. The Credentialing Team provides white glove customer service to our physicians, advanced practitioners, hospitals, and internal staff. Your personal drive for excellence in service and passion for leading a successful team is imperative for this role. As a Credentialing Manager, you are responsible for overseeing, leading, and performing the daily operational activities of the credentialing process while holding your employees accountable to key KPIs. This team is known for being the secret ingredient to the successful placement of our physicians and advanced practitioners. You will motivate your employees to maximize every avenue to ensure the perfect match is made and patients receive top level care.
Hayes Locums, is a temporary physician and advanced practices staffing agency delivering excellence in the healthcare industry since 2012. Our dedication to positive match outcomes and high-impact service has won the company high praise "Best Places to Work" and the "Fastest Growing Company in South Florida"- SFBJ. Hayes Locums offers a fun, energetic work environment, with competitive benefits and personal growth opportunities backed by highly experienced, top-ranked industry professionals. Founded on the principles of Servant Leadership, we put the needs of others first and developing our people to perform at the highest level. We are recognized for our integrity, which our physicians, clients, employees have grown to trust.
- Manages and develops credentialing staff to ensure the highest levels of customer service and performance.
- Develops and implements ongoing training processes for consistency in client experiences
- Holds employees accountable to monthly KPIs through weekly one on one meetings
- Develops and maintains standard workflows and department procedures for the credentialing process
- Evaluates and reports to leadership on departmental needs and suggest process improvements
- Manages and handles all interdepartmental issues
- Prepares and maintains various reports and summaries of credentialing/re-credentialing activities
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Leads, coordinates, and monitors the review and analysis of practitioner applications and accompanying documents, ensuring practitioner eligibility
- Responsible for gathering and verifying physician information, compiling required documents, researching necessary information and verifying medical licenses
- Scrutinize provider applications and resumes for consistency and accuracy
- Compiles documents, researches and verifies provider backgrounds by contacting hospitals, licensing boards, medical schools, etc.
- Contacts or interviews provider peer references over the phone about the providers clinical performance skills
- Acts as a liaison between the hospital medical staff office and the provider when applying for hospital privileges, obtaining updates and reporting progress
- Assists Client Representatives/Provider Representatives in responding to new inquiries and/or questions from potential clients/doctors
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and management skills
- Motivate and hold employees accountable to performance and customer service expectations
- Excellent customer service skills
- High attention to detail and make suggestions for process improvement
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, letters, memos and emails
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside the organization
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of people leadership experience in customer service required
- Knowledge and understanding of the credentialing process, privileging procedures, accreditation, and certification preferred
- Effective communicator
- Database management skills including querying, reporting, and document generation
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access) and internet resources