Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deep Eddy Vodka Tasting Room, General Manager
Job Reference #: 9447_1537268
Position Summary: The Deep Eddy Vodka Tasting Room is a critical and unique element of the Deep Eddy brand marketing strategy. We endeavor to create one-of-a-kind consumer experiences to not only grow brand awareness through the tasting room, but also to create lasting connections with consumers. The Tasting Room General Manager is a key and lead staff member, responsible for identifying business opportunities, defining long term strategic goals, developing business plans that include marketing brand team strategies, maintaining extensive knowledge of strategic industry trends, and achieving revenue goals. This position will be responsible for the overall management of the Deep Eddy Tasting Room. Applies skills in consumer direct communications, sales metrics and motivation, merchandizing and financial systems and controls. This individual will be responsible for sharing the brand's passion for bringing people together for carefree good times - a charismatic leader that paves the way for the responsible enjoyment of Deep Eddy Vodka.
* Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Public Relations, Travel and Tourism, Hospitality or related field
* Seven (7) years' experience in the hospitality, brand marketing, or operation of a visitor center or tourist attraction with strategic management experience and proven revenue generation
* Work with Brand Team to oversee strategic management such that the experience and products offered profitably, align with brand team strategies and increase brand awareness and loyalty
* Oversees the visitor center programs, developing innovated Guest Experiences that are true to the Deep Eddy Vodka brand, ensuring the experience is memorable for each guest.
* Manages workflow for all Visitor Center activities and events.
* Develop an annual plan, with assistance from Deep Eddy Division Controller, that will coincide with annual brand planning timelines and establish profit goals, marketing plans, and product development needs
* Direct, lead and manage direct reports from a strategic perspective, not just day to day operational management
* Oversee operational budgeting and monitoring including working with Brand Team, Accounting Finance Manager and other members of management to establish annual profit goals, oversee plan revisions as needed, and participate in setting tour rates and the establishment of budgets for each facility
* Prepare marketing activity reports for the executive leadership team on a monthly basis
* Collect and evaluate consumer feedback to program offerings and visitor experience to ensure timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
* Business Development and Community Outreach - Monitor various external factors so that marketing opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized
* Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding recruiting, hiring, quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration including alcohol compliance with TTB and TABC
* Balances planning efforts with day to day demands.
* Inventory management and accountability include alcohol.
* Oversees the purchasing and merchandising of profitable soft goods, consistent with brand essence.
* Promoting and selling facility for special events including weddings as well as a meeting location to associations and organizations
* Establish preferred suppliers for catering/special events
* Represent the company with various agencies including Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau, other Austin & Texas specific hospitality companies. Travel to and participate in Travel Trade Events
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Ability to develop and display passionate brand advocacy and learn in-depth brand information.
* Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
* Experience managing a budget and labor.
* Communicating with Persons outside the Organization - communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
* Strong leadership capabilities, self-motivation, and an outstanding ability to sell
* Ability to think creatively...developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions
* Analytical skills, in particular gathering data from a wide variety of sources, and presenting it in formats suitable for a wide variety of audiences
* Excellent written communication skills including the ability to compose all communication such as social network posts, project reports, program recaps, etc.
* Understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat
* Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups, etc.
* Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Superb work ethic and a positive, "can-do" attitude.'' Never afraid of rolling up your sleeves & stepping outside of your comfort zone.
* Experience with event planning and contract negotiation.
* Strong attention to detail
* Required to work nights and weekends as necessary.
* Required to be legal drinking age (21 year of age or older)
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
* Master's degree in Hospitality, Travel or Tourism, Sales, Marketing, Public Relations, Business or related field
* Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Restaurant Manager POS System.
* Experience in a distilled spirits industry visitor center/gift shop
Reporting to this position: Assistant Tasting Room Manager, Event Sales Manager, Tasting Room Hosts and Bartenders
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!