Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Finance
Job Reference #: 9447_1536911
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Financial Services - Investments/Securities, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES, Financial Services - ALL CATEGORIES
* Direct the financial operation of the SoHo Hotel & Residences, SoHo Lisgar (Ottawa) and SoHo Champagne (Ottawa)
* Manage daily operation and assignments of accounting staff, plan and organize work, and communicate goals. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures, identifying options and resolving issues. Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
* Ensure staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions
* Manage receivables, payables, credit, payroll and cash handling functions within the accounting department.
* Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices and procedures
* Prepare financial analyses of hotel operations including variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of business goals/targets
* Use financial analysis, data trends, and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximize financial return. Highlight trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of internal and external customers, and lead the organization in exploring business opportunities that create value for the customer while driving profit
* Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems, maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts, ensure compliance with government regulations, and comply with record retention requirements.
* Create the annual operating budget and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identity cost saving productivity opportunities for property managers
* Analyze ROI capital projects and determine if anticipated results were achieved
* Maximize cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
* Enforce, document, and establish adequate controls for all revenue and expenses and protection of assets, and ensure controls will satisfy or improve the level of guest service.
* Distribute forecast information for operating departments
* Ensure all accounts are reviewed, approved, and reconciled on a monthly basis
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!