Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager - Hotel
Job Reference #: 9447_1544987
Position Title General Manager
Department/Location: Guest Services/Property Level
Accountable To: Director of Operations
Supervises: All Associates
Work Environment & Context:
* Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
* Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Be available 24/7, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Supervisory Skills: interview, hire, train, appraise, document, motivate
* Entire property, staff services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, and discounts.
* Accounting practices
* Safety and security measures
* Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
* All functions, procedures and polices of departments supervised
* Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards, and be up to date on changes, new
procedures and events.
* Train and develop associates through meetings, logs, etc.
* Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative feedback
* Maintain organization of supplies and order as necessary
* Analyze work for accuracy of self and others
* Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system
* Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric
* Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates, and corporate office support staff.
* Market and promote the property to increase exposure and sales.
* Manage time effectively
* Solve guest issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude.
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives from revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Manage all areas of the hotel in accordance with Franchise Standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provide exemplary performance for staff to follow. Understands and implements the mission statement, values, and culture at all time
* Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training, coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified individuals.
* Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
* Complete administrative duties in a timely manner: schedules, payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
* Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
* Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
* Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
* Communicate and document using internal means: logs, email, etc.
* Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
* Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor-training program.
* Is responsible for implementing the company's Standard Operating Procedures at the hotel
* Keeps Director of Operations promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
* Responsible for accurate labor statistics and accounts payable
* Meets and exceeds guest expectations by providing service and teamwork
* Other duties as assigned or as indicated on letter of offer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!