Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager - Hotel
Job Reference #: 9447_1541785
Seeking a charismatic personality, who is a results oriented professional, to lead our BRAND NEW Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Tiedeman Road to the next level. If you understand the importance of upholding Marriott's brand standards and reputation, along with what it takes to provide recognized hospitality experiences, you may be just the person we are searching for.
As the General Manager, you would be responsible for the overall hotel operations, daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting, and on-boarding of team members. Other duties will require managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel's continuing efforts to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Lead, direct, and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to, hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, responding to guest inquiries and resolving concerns.
* Responsible for maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budget.
* Process daily revenue and statistical reporting, deposits, monthly expense reporting, and bi weekly payroll.
* Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the hotel.
* Demonstrate and promote a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
* Monitor and develop team member performance, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, and delivering recognition and reward.
* Recruit management and hourly staff, as needed. Conduct necessary orientation and training for all staff.
* Conduct and document regular department and management staff meetings.
* Responsible for hotel labor management, including review and approval of staff scheduling for all departments.
* Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, brand standards, service levels, and financial measurements.
* Identify operational performance, productivity, and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies.
* Inspect and document repairs and cleanliness of property, in conjunction with Engineering and Housekeeping Supervisors, to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness, and overall property appearance.
* Communicate with the corporate management team on a regular basis.
* Ensure purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors.
Ideal candidate will have:
* 3+ years of leadership experience, of which 2+ years of those are as a hotel General Manager
* Key Leadership roles within a Marriott brand.
* Candidates should have demonstrated successful management of hotels with up to 80+ rooms.
* Capable of managing, absorbing, analyzing and utilizing extensive amounts of information, including financial data and performance metrics.
* A four-year college degree is preferred and additional coursework in business administration is a plus. That said, actual knowledge and experience, cultural fit, and overall track record are the prime criteria.
* Oral sales presentation skills.
* Advanced supervisory and management skills.
* Ability to make decisions with the use of company policies and procedures as the resource.
* Advanced communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence hotel guests, other hotel professionals, business partners and the general public.
* Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Salary/Bonus commensurate with experience. Please submit your salary requirements with resume.
We are proud to be an EEOC employer, we maintain a drug-free workplace, and perform pre-employment credit and criminal background screening.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!