Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeping Assistant Manager
Job Reference #: 9447_1541957
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, General Labor, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Job Title: Housekeeping Assistant Manager
Revised Date: February 2020
Property: The Henderson
Reports To: Director of Housekeeping
FLSA Status: Exempt
Inspect assigned areas to provide feedback to Service Professionals on the cleanliness and maintenance of those areas. Provide supervision, coaching and training to room attendants and all positions of the housekeeping department. Ensure prompt return to clean rooms to inventory for sale.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Supervise the performance of room attendants and all line level housekeeping positions and take appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, and unacceptable behavior or work practices.
* Inspect guest rooms, guest areas and employee areas and assess compliance with all established standards as they relate to cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security. Report, as directed, any observed deviations to established standards.
* Train and develop housekeeping staff, to include, Supervisors, Room Attendants, House Attendants, and Public Area Attendants.
* Conduct Service Professional reviews, to include the 90-day Review, Annual Reviews and coaching and counseling sessions.
* Communicate with the Front Office throughout the day to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Manage administrative functions in accordance with established standards.
In addition to performance of these essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular operational requirements of the hotel:
* Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
* Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
High school diploma or equivalent educational required. A minimum of 3 years in Housekeeping and at least 1 year in a supervisory role.
* Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must be able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form to resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Must be able to multi-task
* Excellent computer skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Springer Miller and HOTSOS
* Valid Florida Driver's License
* Must be able to tolerate varying temperatures.
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
* Position requires walking and giving directions most of the working day.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and lift up to 5 lbs on an occasional basis.
* Must have the ability to bend, stoop, squat and reach overhead.
* Must be able to climb steps on a regular basis.
* Must be able to push carts weighing up to 250 lbs occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motion, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, as well as visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
* Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printer, adding machines, multi-line phones, filing cabinets, FAX machine, photocopiers, scanner and other office equipment as needed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!