Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 9447_1467432
Categories: General Labor, Hospitality/Resort/Hotel, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Do you want to enjoy what you DEW and have a love for Housekeeping?
We want YOU to experience Southern Reimagined at The Dewberry. Located in the heart of downtown Charleston.
Experience Southern Reimagined with a career at The Dewberry. We are a tightknit group of passionate individuals who are unrelenting when it comes to offering a flawless Dewberry experience while maintaining our unique brand standards.
About The Dewberry:
As a 2019 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List award recipient for best hotel in the world, The Dewberry is located in the heart of downtown Charleston, bordering historic Marion Square, just steps from the shopping and dining on King Street, Museum Mile and The Gaillard Center. Offering 155 thoughtfully appointed rooms, world-class service and unparalleled views, The Dewberry occupies the former L. Mendel Rivers (circa 1964) federal building and pays homage to Charleston's mid-century architectural splendor. The hotel is the result of owner John Dewberry's vision of "Southern Reimagined," which he developed over the course of an eight-year renovation and preservation of the building. The hotel features several event spaces, the nationally celebrated cocktail program at the brass bar in The Living Room, high quality, the whimsical cocktail lounge Citrus Club and treatments using seafaring ingredients and low country botanicals in The Spa. The Dewberry is committed to delivering a world-class experience to our discerning guests with a thoughtful approach and flawless execution. We are known among our teammates, our guests and our community as leaders in our field of hospitality who are authentic, humble and innovative operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Housekeeping Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Housekeeping, Assistant Housekeeping Manager
LEADS: Public Area Attendants, House Attendants, Room Attendants, Turndown Attendants
Summary: The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for all day to day operational activities within the Housekeeping department. The main focus for The Housekeeping Supervisor is to ensure that our rooms are cleaned, that we have a clean and well-maintained hotel and a happy housekeeping team. The Housekeeping Supervisor is always visible and is constantly walking the floor, checking rooms, and assisting as needed. He/she must ensure that all Dewberry Hotel standards with regards to cleanliness are consistently maintained at a very high level. He/she is responsible for resolving guests' and staff's needs and creating a climate of mutual respect and enthusiasm.
The Housekeeping Supervisor will report directly to the Director of Housekeeping. Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
-Recognize and report all missing, damaged or sub-standard fixtures and equipment.
-Inspect assigned guestrooms. Ensure all general cleaning, preparation for VIP's, early arrivals and special cleaning requests are complete.
-Ensure all items are in place in guestrooms.
-Monitor and maintain perfect cleanliness in all guestrooms, public areas and heart of house.
-Complete any other projects as deemed appropriate by The Housekeeping Director. Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to standards and procedures in the guest rooms and general areas follow The Dewberry, Charleston standards.
-Promote and recognize opportunities to provide guest service above and beyond all expectation.
-Monitor correct handling of all guest requests and guest room servicing needs.
-Conduct daily pre-shift meetings.
-Assist Housekeeping Management in all employee motivational and training programs.
-Train employees in maintaining clean, organized and properly stocked work areas and equipment.
-Ensures that grooming standards are always followed.
-Train and monitor room attendants daily to ensure that standards of service and cleanliness are understood and followed.
-Communicate accurate information actively and in a timely manner to all colleagues.
-Must be able to clean rooms or assist Room Attendants, Public Area Attendants, Turndown Attendant, and Houseperson when necessary.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, teammates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled/mandatory training sessions and meetings is required.
* Education: High school or equivalent education required.
* Experience: Prior hospitality and/or housekeeping experience preferred. The ideal candidate will be bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Grooming: All teammates must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
* Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day.
* Must be able to lift to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
* Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs occasionally.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and inspection tasks.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!