Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 9447_1526545
Operation Manager with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Warminster - Horsham is responsible for assisting the General Manager in managing daily hotel operations in the hotel continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Also, should have an excellent level of commercial awareness, who can build and maintain relationships with guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
* Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
* Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
* Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
* Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
* Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
* Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
* Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
* Meet or exceed operations labor budget expectations
* Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
* Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
* Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
* Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and heavy equipment rentals
* Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
* Manage relationships with key operations vendors
* Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels
* Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
* Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to equipment quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site. In particular, this includes any issues on-site at client facilities, such as breaking a fence or tape residue on flooring
* Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
* Work closely with GM and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
* Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
* Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce sub-rental expenses
* Communicate with legal counsel and safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations
* Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
* Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running this hotel.
* Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the HOD daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, GSS feedbacks and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues. Minutes of the meeting to be sent to GM.
* Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
* Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
* Meet all dept. heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
* Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development
* Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
* Implementing and complying with all company polices and brand standards.
* Conduct weekly / Daily meeting for enquiry & follow up & conversion to grow up the business.
* Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organization.
* Be on available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!