Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Card Services Product Specialist
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under direction, The Card Services Product Specialist is responsible for understanding, coordinating, and implementing Heartland card related services and support. Including, but not limited to ATM (terminal and card), debit and credit card issuing, card fraud management, card disputes, and new product recommendation.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with management on projects related to Heartland card services
2. Works with management to define product capabilities based on internal strategic objectives, competitive landscape, client needs, risk assessments and fraud management, pricing and revenue potential.
3. Understands product dynamics, and ensures highest product quality and client experience.
4. Recommends additional product feature/functionality in order to maximize revenue and deposit opportunities in the various business segments.
5. Coordinates and assists management with vendor performance in determining roll out requirements for upgrades and new features.
6. Assists other departments to develop, implement and execute marketing plans and strategies that differentiate our product offering in the competitive marketplace.
7. Assists member banks with setting card services strategic product delivery direction and ensures it aligns with the needs of the business market segments throughout our member bank locations
8. Promptly answers incoming telephone calls and responds to customer e-mails in a courteous and timely manner as outlined in the department’s established service levels.
9. Provides courteous and efficient operational support to holding company affiliate employees in a timely manner, especially related to card services support and fraud management.
10. Assists customers and bank employees with troubleshooting, recommending possible solutions, or determining when to escalate a problem to management.
11. Processes debit card fraud/disputes and monitor fraud trends. Follows up with disputes for reclamation process if possible.
12. Process approved/denied card applications according to established procedures.
13. Process and monitor requests for daily withdrawal limit increases on debit/credit cards.
14. Monitor the processing of blocking lost/stolen/counterfeit /fraud card accounts.
15. Review inactive and non-activated cards, contact customers, verify cards received, and activate/close as needed.
16. Review cards scheduled to be reissued according to established procedures.
17. Assist with compromised card process according to established procedures.
18. Maintenance accounts as necessary.
19. Attends conference/webinar annually related to electronic services technology as selected by management.
20. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology related field.
2. 3-5 years of operations related cards services or banking experience
3. Customer service and electronic services experience
4. Strong project management skills are required to lead new product/feature implementation efforts with vendor and operations staff
5. Have a thorough understanding of card service industry (i.e. ATM, Debit, Credit), supporting software systems, product offerings
6. Thorough knowledge of electronic banking policies and procedures
7. Have a thorough understanding of the technical components of products and services offered in the card service product line
8. Have experience as a customer using electronic banking services especially, but not limited to, internet banking, bill payment, mobile banking, and ATM/debit card
9. Have an understanding of general banking practices
10. Industry experience in dealing with MasterCard and/or Visa would be beneficial
11. In order to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
a. Microsoft Office product suite
b. Internet, printing, scanning and management of passwords; ability to become proficient with the Bank’s core data processing system and supporting systems (i.e. SHAZAM, Fiserv EFT)
c. Electronic delivery systems (i.e. ATM terminal, ATM/debit card, credit card, etc.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will