Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Treasury Management
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Director of Treasury Management leads and fosters a team of treasury management and payment professionals to strengthen customer relationships, develop business for non-interest income and deposits, creates, maintains and implement competitive products, develop and retain commercial customers through consultative sales, product management, and pro-active customer service of corporate treasury management services and card products.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the holding company development of business line strategic plans, governance policy, as well as manage payment risk, compliance requirements and to ensure all payment channel business is conducted and growth is within manageable levels for safety and soundness.
2. Develop and maintain strong communication and collaboration with business line partners and Member Banks, with responsibility for improving the financial results at both the Member Banks and corporate level (Heartland) by increasing service charge revenue streams, deposit balance levels and other related fee income.
3. Manages job activities which are intensely customer focused, managing people to deliver the desired outcomes and of a quality nature that will result in long term profitable relationships.
4. Supports corporate expansion initiatives by providing leadership for due diligence, customer acquisition strategy and execution.
5. Determines staffing model(s) to best position the member banks for success and leads new recruiting efforts for member banks for TM positions.
6. Responsible for customer legal agreement(s) language to ensure Heartland/Member bank is protected.
7. Coordinates/leads training efforts for commercial bankers, business bankers (BB’s), treasury management sales officers and private bankers.
8. Provides sales through identification of opportunities/niches, customer analysis, active calling programs, sales tool development, sales mentoring and coaching of staff.
9. Develops customer training and outreach to educate customers on fraud and tools to protect their assets.
10. Manages the deposit/product development and competitive positioning of services to meet customer needs to enhance profitability for the company. Also manage vendor relationships related to Treasury Management product sets and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures.
11. Manages payment risk activities to ensure compliance and to reduce potential for fraud within HTLF/Member Banks and customer base.
12. Works closely to coordinate efforts of the central Treasury Management support group providing an extension to the Member Bank’s sales/operations teams to meet daily support, servicing, conversion, and implementation needs of customer’s.
14. This role chairs the Product Development Committee (PDC) to develop depository services and products for business customers.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Directly supervises the Treasury Management and Commercial Card teams.
2. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related field.
2. 15+ years of treasury management and commercial card experience including product management
3. 10+ years of experience managing a team.
4. Effective management skills to achieve business results through team building, mentoring and fostering an environment where staff can thrive and performance is always improving.
5. Must have excellent sales and thorough knowledge of operational processes
6. Must have good negotiating skills to work with the customers, banks and service providers to identify/create service options that work and add value to the customer.
7. Strong expertise in secondary credit risk management and audit controls within the payment system.
8. Current understanding of regulatory compliance issues relating to Cash Management Commercial Card products.
9. General understanding of commercial credit policy. Strong working knowledge within the banking industry, treasury operations, accounting and corresponding banking
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will