Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Treasury and Payment Solutions Product Manager
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
Under general direction, the TM Product Manager plans, organizes and directs the development and maintenance of all Treasury and Payment Solutions (TPS) commercial/business banking products from conceptual stages through product life cycles.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In conjunction with Commercial/ Business Banking, Finance, Compliance and Operations departments, directs overall TPS product strategy, research and development, and coordination/education with TMOs, Solution Consultants, Implementations and Bankers.
2. Plans, directs, and maintains a comprehensive TPS product and services strategic plan to guide Bank resource allocation and technology planning efforts.
3. Acquires primary and secondary research to provide direction for TPS pricing, delivery, product design and customer adoption.
4. Leads the TPS product development/new release capability relating to positioning the sales team for success in growing/retaining business.
5. Directs the development of sales collateral and customer training/on-boarding materials and tools used by the sales team.
6. Maintains and works closely with Legal Department all customer legal agreements for each product.
7. Leads annual TPS pricing review with all banks and make appropriate recommendations.
8. Assists in and works closely with operations to finding solutions to growing customer needs.
9. Develops recommendations on product bundling, capabilities, segmenting and pricing.
10. Provides estimates of product profit potential.
11. Develops and executes plans to create greater non-interest income.
12. Develops and executes plans to increase product cross sell penetration.
13. Coordinates the development of reduce or maintain deposit interest costs relative to achieving deposit growth goals for Sweep products and earning credit rates.
14. Develops competitive analyses and pricing models to formulate recommendations and parameters for pricing implementation in various markets. Builds pricing models as needed.
15. Continually assesses product lines’ abilities to meet market needs and business units’ objectives, and develops or proposes product solutions where gaps exist.
16. Provides consulting services "as deep product expert" to sales people for customer presentations/sales and all company business lines in support of strategic initiatives.
17. Identifies and monitors competitors with competing products, pricing and customer response for all Heartland markets.
18. Maintains relationship with Operational departments for programming product specifications.
19. Maintains relationship with TMOs, Solutions Consultants, Implementations and bankers for integrating sales practices.
20. Establishes marketing objectives for each product.
21. Writes technical product descriptions for internal and external use.
22. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas to develop and provide product information responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. A minimum of 7-10 years’ progressive experience in bank operations, marketing, financial product development and/or research and interpretation of data.
2. Bachelor’s degree, in business administration, marketing, finance or equivalent experience; Advanced Degree preferred
3. A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Treasury Management and/or Commercial Card Payments specifically.
4. In-depth knowledge of TM products, payments, risk management, relative compliance and commercial banking.
5. Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills - strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Strong presentation and training skills.
7. Ability to function effectively in matrix management environment.
8. Proven decision making skills.
9. General understanding of marketing and data needed to manage business growth.
10. Knowledge of banking database software, statistical measurement software such as SPSS, Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
1. CTP and or AAP required
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will