Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Hillcrest Medical Center is seeking an experienced Pharmacy Technician to serve as a Pharmacy Supervisor.
The Pharmacy Supervisor applies knowledge and skills, professionally in daily performance of management activities. The Pharmacy Supervisor will be responsible for Pharmacy Tech scheduling and any other Pharmacy Tech supervision or needs. This position is responsible for participating in the implementation and achievement of departmental goals.
· Responsible for oversight of the efficient and accurate provision of medications according to established standards of practice.
· Coordinates technician-defined activities i.e. unit dose (UD) distribution, IV admixture, compounding, controlled substances, OR drug preparation, pharmacy automation, investigational drug services, and inventory control.
· Assists in the supervision, scheduling, payroll maintenance, administration of disciplinary action, and evaluation of technical personnel.
· Participates in recruitment activities and decisions to hire or terminate.
· Coordinates training; provides training/in-services in specialty areas.
· Provides day to day supervision of pharmacy supportive personnel including the reassignment of staff to achieve organizational objectives and maintain the provision of pharmacy services.
· Conducts and/or assists in annual performance reviews for supportive personnel.
· Recommends training for supportive personnel.
· Initiates performance improvement activities to increase the scope and quality of pharmacy services and customer service.
· Assists with activities to ensure appropriate inventory control and to minimize waste of pharmaceuticals, supplies, and labor.
· Uses knowledge of drug distribution and pharmacy procedures to evaluate current operating practices to ensure services provided meet or exceed customer service requirements and to ensure continuing performance improvement.
· Must have the ability to evaluate a problem and to take quick and decisive action to solve the problem.
· Possesses operational knowledge of pharmacy information systems.
· Protects confidential patient and employee information, e.g. disciplinary action, performance reviews, and various other information.
· Performs the duties of a technician when required.
· All other duties as assigned.
5 years relevant pharmacy technician experience OR an associate degree with 1 year of relevant supervisory experience and 1 year of relevant pharmacy technician experience are required
High School Diploma or equivalent
Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician program or equivalent
CPhT certification and Oklahoma Board of Pharmacy registration.
Certification in aseptic sterile compounding and hazardous drug handling
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.