Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Worker Supervisor
at Home Start
Home Start, founded in 1972, is a non-profit social services agency dedicated to preventing child abuse and neglect in San Diego County, We are currently seeking a Family Support Worker Supervisor for the Targeted At Risk Home Visitation program. This position will be responsible for providing supervision and oversight of the Family Support Workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns cases and ensures caseload balance in accordance with HFA guidelines.
- Provides weekly supervision to Family Support Workers which includes the use of reflective practice
- Participates in the recruitment hiring, training and orientation of Family Support Workers.
- Conducts bi monthly case consultation meetings with Program Manager, Family Support Workers and Family Assessment Workers.
- Assists Program Manager insuring accurate and timely collection and reporting of data into CMEDS to contract specification.
- Reviews and monitors case files for accuracy and contract compliance. Also monitors the quality of services and coordinates the staff efforts for quality improvement.
- Monitors the implementation of policies and procedures and identifies policy issues.
- Participates in community, group and/or service collaborations as appropriate.
- Identifies training needs of Family Support Workers
Skill / Requirements
Education: Masters or equivalent in social work, psychology, education and/or related human services field and three years clinical experience working with multi-problem families in a non-profit/human service setting. Demonstrated experience in in-home, family-based services. Experience providing counseling and case management services to low income, multi-problem families required. Knowledge: Knowledge of child abuse dynamics and family systems and community resources. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive to community and individual family needs. Must have the ability to create team cohesion and empower individuals; must be mission focused. Skills: Two years supervision and leadership experience required. Must be a team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and abilities. Computer literate as appropriate. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, automobile insurance, a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Reading and typing on a computer frequently.
- Sitting for long periods of time at required meetings or in supervision.
- Daily traveling in car to agency and community meetings.
- Office space may be shared with frequent telephone and visitor contacts
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
- When the office is full, it is a challenge to find a quiet and private location to hold a meeting.
- Flexible hours with occasional evenings and weekends response
Home Start is proud to be recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For in 2012, 2011 and 2010 from the NonProfit Times Nationwide program; one of San Diego's 50 Best Places to Work from the San Diego Business Journals 2009 10th Annual Best Places to Work program; and a 2011 and 2012 Medallion Winner in the San Diego Workplace Excellence Awards sponsored by the Society for Human Resources Management.