Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
As the leader of our Learning & Development function, you are responsible for the design and delivery of onboarding, professional, managerial, technical and compliance trainings, working collaboratively with internal and external resources to ensure Homesite’s L&D function proactively advance the skills and abilities of its employees.
This manager must build trusting, consultative partnerships with stakeholders and evolve our learning and development efforts to focus on business needs for the near and long term. The L&D Manager will be expected to an expert communicator who can share insights and expertise to advance design and delivery to create a more agile learning environment.
Ultimately, you will help our company succeed by training and developing its people.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Learning Leader: Oversee all of Homesite’s learning and training efforts, along with a team of 6 in-house trainers. Focus includes technical, professional, managerial, and compliance training with a mix of in-classroom, virtual, and self-service delivery options.
- Strategy/Approach: Drive Homesite’s learning and development strategy to address both the short-term and long-term talent need. Lead efforts to pilot and/or expand our learning strategies, efforts, and functions (e.g., distance learning, upskill opportunities).
- Business Partner: Partner closely with senior leaders and HR Business Partners Partner to fully understanding of business operations and training requirements. Create and execute learning strategies and programs that are aligned with functional/departmental needs along with the organization's objectives.
- Programs and tools: Regularly assess, develop and/or manage existing and new learning and training programs and technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of design and delivery.
- Communications: In partnership with Homesite’s Corporate Communications group, develop and maintain organizational communications on training and learning opportunities. Act as the go to within the business for anyone with questions or queries regarding learning or training needs or opportunities
- Analytics: Establish, track and iterate internal and external measurements focusing on the effectiveness of the Learning and Development function. Track, analyze and evaluate the results of training and educational programs based on impact to learning, behaviors and business results.
- Team lead: Coach, mentor and guide the Learning and Development team. Provide the support and development needed and eliminate road blocks to successful team performance.
- Vendors/Partners: Manage vendor selection and vendor relationships both directly and indirectly, ensuring fulfillment of service level agreements and return on investment. Manage allocated budget and work to find solutions in order to implement the required training.
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar - both in terms of leading a team as well as driving a vision and strategy for learning and development
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Extensive practice in designing and supplying a variety of training styles
- Demonstrable experience with distance and self-service/e-learning course design, platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Proficiency in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), presentation, collaboration, and business acumen skills
- Ability to build rapport with employees, leaders and vendors
- BSc/BA in Business, Psychology or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!