Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at HOM, Inc.
HOM will be providing the housing administration for some of the new funding under the CARES Act to assist the homeless service system to end homeless in our communities. We are looking for Rock Stars who want to make a difference. If you want to do epic things on a fantastic team working to end homelessness with permanent housing solutions check out our job posting below. Initial employment screening will take place via telephone with a follow up in person interview. We have a couple of new positions available for the Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) and Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) interventions. https://www.hominc.com/employment-positions Successful candidates will be required to complete a short behavioral and cognitive assessment prior to advancing to an interview. The invitation for the assessments will come from The Predictive Index.
Housing Specialists manage a housing caseload of approximately 225 - 275 participants and are responsible for the management of each participant’s entire participation in the housing program, including the initial admission and move-in, interim and annual certifications, unit transfers, and program termination. The Housing Specialist is a non-exempt position.
The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the correctness of your work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. Successful team members in this position take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined. A somewhat faster-than-average pace is the norm for this position. Detailed, specialized work is the major focus. You will receive extensive training opportunities to develop expertise and increase confidence. The position is generally task oriented, requiring someone with a careful, and cautious approach to work.
Working for HOM, Inc. is very rewarding, knowing that you are making a difference each and every day in the lives of those exiting homelessness. We operate as a cohesive team here with emphasis on customer service to our clients, landlords, funding partners and other team members. In addition, we truly foster a team environment; plain and simple - we help each other. There is always someone to ask a question of or to lend a helping hand. It can also be very demanding. A lot is expected from you as a Housing Specialist. You will be managing many clients every month which can become overwhelming at times. We understand the case load and the stresses involved, which is why we do what we do to make the job more enjoyable. Some of the benefits of working with us include:
- Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
- S.I.M.P.L.E. IRA (company match available)
- Paid Holidays (11.5 days)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Incentive Programs Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- 8 hours of paid time off to perform community service each month
- Monthly chair massages
MAJOR HOUSING SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conduct initial program orientations for new program applicants
- Verification of applicants' income, assets and expenses according to program guidelines and applicable regulations
- Calculation of Tenant Rent and Housing Assistance Payments
- Preparation of HAP Contracts and program Occupancy documents
- Maintain participant files
- Negotiate Contract Rents and lease terms initially
- Assist in performance of Rent Reasonableness tests
- Conduct interim and annual re-certifications
- Attend and participate in clinical staffing's regarding housing issues for program participants
- Advocacy for program participants in community
- Problem resolution with clients, landlords, and clinical case management teams
- Process participant program terminations
Skill / Requirements
CANDIDATES SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications including SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Planner, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with aptitude for project management and multitasking to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledgeable of AZ Residential Landlord & Tenant Act
- Ability to work closely and consistently with homeless and/or disabled households with an emphasis on de-escalation and respectful communication. Ability to handle participant outbursts and problem solve with angry or frustrated participants.
- Demonstrated high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communication
- Strong sense of ownership of work processes and outcomes
- Excellent people skills and the proven ability to work well with a wide range of personalities, both internally and externally.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically to accomplish goals
- Ability to manage change while working as part of a team
- Problem solver with the ability to adapt to unexpected challenges
- Willingness to truly work in a team environment which values assisting each other, mentorship and common good.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a short behavioral and cognitive assessment prior to advancing to an interview.