Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cancer Registry Supervisor-Scottsdale, AZ or Remote
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- ONC Cancer Registry
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10460 N 92ND ST
- Work Hours
We are looking for a Cancer Registry Supervisor. Position can be in office or remote if distance is an issue. Requires 3 years registrar experience in ACOS Facility, CTR, and 1 year supervisor experience.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Vocational/Specialized training Required
3 years Registrar experience in approved ACOS facility Required
1 year supervisory experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Plans, supervises and coordinates all activities and responsibilities of the system Cancer Registry and Cancer case reporting functions of the physician's offices. Serves as point of contact for all physician report requests. Ensures maintenance of accreditation with the American College of Surgeons and fulfillment of State required reporting. Develops and maintains Cancer Registry departmental budget.
- Coordinates all statistical reports, requests production of reports, including the annual report and their distribution.
- Supervises the personnel assigned to the section. Plans, establishes, and revises work assignments. Interviews, selects, and recommends hiring of personnel. Initiates recommendations for changes in classification, salary action, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination. May settle employee problems and administer appropriate disciplinary action.
- Oversees all registry functions including case finding, abstracting follow-up, ACOS and State reporting requirements. Resolves the more difficult problems such as abstracting errors and missed cases.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with the ACOS standards and program requirements.
- Coordinates preparation, agenda and presentation for Cancer Conference.
- Serves as a resource and provides direction for the Cancer Registrars.
- Conducts quality improvement activities and maintains production standards for the Cancer Registry.
- Interfaces with cancer registry software vendors to coordinate use of software and implement updates and/or new applications.
- Participates in coding educational conferences and meetings in order to maintain registry compliance and remain current in advances in cancer registry information systems, requirements and standards.
- Assists physicians in the completion of staging forms.
- Develops registry procedures to ensure efficiency in all registry functions and monitors for compliance.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.