Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outpatient Coding Supervisor - Full Time Days - NSSC
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HIM Coding
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours
- M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree or 2 years' related experience Required
3 years Coding and encoding software experience, Required
1 year Coding Lead, Auditor, or Trainer experience. Required
Other Hospital Coding. Required
Licenses and Certifications
RHIT or CCS Required
This position oversees workflow and productivity for system health record coding, abstracting functions, DRG and APC assignment and validation. Provides resources to the hospitals, surgery centers and clinics in order to maintain suspense day turnaround and productivity standards. Provides leadership for assigned section and participates in administrative functions for department, including hiring, evaluating and terminating. Works closely with the Network Coding Manager and the Senior Network HIM Director to ensure timely reimbursement/billing be met consistently based on monitoring the Discharged Not Final Billed (DNFB) report. Designs and develops innovative ways to decrease DNFB.
- 1Establishes policies and procedures, and operational benchmarks for system-wide standardization for best practices with ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT Coding.
- Serves as a resource for coding staff regarding questions, situations, and/or problem solving. Plans and coordinates monthly educational forums for coding staff and ancillary personnel to ensure correct coding and compliance with third party payers regarding billing/reimbursement activities.
- Keeps current with federal legislation, periodicals and publications establishing correct coding/reimbursement compliance.
- Sets priorities and scheduling to ensure that reimbursement and billing suspense days be met consistently. This includes monitoring the failed bill (incomplete abstract) report.
- Actively and collaboratively participates in special projects, training and/or other duties as assigned by Network Coding Manager.
- Assigns and sequences ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and CPT codes for all patient types which includes: inpatient, outpatient, observation, ambulatory records, and emergency room records for billing and reimbursement.
- Works closely with the Network Coding Manager and Senior Network HIM Director and Supervisors to ensure timely reimbursement/billing be met consistently based on monitoring the discharged not final billed (DNFB) report. Designs and develops innovative ways to decrease DNFB.
- Maintains and monitors quality of customer service provided to internal and external customers and medical staff to ensure positive outcomes in response to complaints of inadequate service.
- Initiates, prepares and implements process improvements and other projects to maximize system-wide effectiveness regarding HIM.
- Performs other duties as assigned
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.