J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Facilitator, Preschool
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
Position Goal - The Preschool Program Facilitator works under the supervision of the building Principal and Coordinator of Community Education to offer individual, small, and large group activities for children ages 3 - 4. They must ensure the development and safety of these children in accordance with relevant federal, territorial and municipal legislation and policies. The program offers an affordable, safe, nurturing environment with a comprehensive approach to meet the childcare needs of working families.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum age: 21
- Must have positive personality and strong management skills.
- Must possess or have applied for Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card prior to employment.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Must have had within the past 12 months or be able to obtain within three days of hire a negative tuberculosis test.
- Must have the ability to do physical tasks associated with the moving of tables, chairs, boxes, and light lifting.
Documentation of one of the following:
- High School Diploma or GED, at least 12 months experience in managing an activity center, child care, or school program including planning, coordinating, supervising, and directing activities for 3 – 4 year old children and: Three credit hours or more in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field from an accredited college or university; or at least 30 actual hours of instruction, provided in conferences, seminars, lectures, or workshops in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field:
- At least 6 months of child care experience and an associated degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field; or
- At least three months of child care experience and a bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field
Must have a basic knowledge of computer usage, keyboarding and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs, organizes, directs, and teaches a variety of recreational and educational activities for 3 – 4 year old children enrolled in the program.
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games, and story telling
- Build children’s esteem
- Comfort children
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Implement positive discipline when required
- Observe children and make note of progress
- Coordinates and communicates effectively with school and District employees.
- Establishes and maintains informative and supportive relationships with parents.
- Discuss children’s development with parents
- Discuss identified problems and needs with professionals as appropriate
- Participate in community activities
- Maintains discipline, safety, and control of site.
- Develops rapport and facilitates effective communication with children.
- Participates in hiring, training, supervising, supporting, and evaluating program staff.
- Plans and facilitates regular site staff meetings.
- Maintains files and attendance records.
- Ensures compliance with all Arizona Department of Health Services and Department of Economic Services regulations.
- Encourages high level of child participation in daily activities.
- Maintains the facility by keeping it clean, organized, and secure, including the reporting of problems.
- Organizes and maintains equipment and activity materials; arranges for repairs/replacement.
- Conducts daily set-up and take-down of activity materials.
- Assists children with Emergency Evacuation situations, including drills.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to handle sports equipment and reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel. The employee is required to move about the campus, including playground areas.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range I
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 10 Months
Hours: Part-time, 5.75 Hours per Day
Reports to: Coordinator of Community Education
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Monday, March 25, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)