Jobs at Blain's Farm and Fleet
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Management Training Program
at Jobs at Blain's Farm and Fleet
**RETAIL MANAGEMENT TRAINING PROGRAM **PAID RELOCATION** MULTIPLE LOCATIONS AVAILABLE**
Founded in 1955, Blain's Farm and Fleet is a specialty retailer with privately-held stores in the Midwest. Our philosophy is simple: offer the hardest working people in America an honest value and the best customer service. We do this by carrying the best brands at the lowest price possible, and hiring and training talented, hardworking people. We’re looking for candidates for our retail management training program. Our innovative, goal-oriented management training program is designed to prepare you for various aspects of store management. This program consists of 6 - 9 months of intensive hands-on training and focuses on providing you with the skills to be successful in store operations, leadership, and management. As an Assistant Store Manager, you will use the experience and knowledge gained in the training program to lead a team of store associates focused on ensuring that we exceed our customers’ expectations.
Some of the benefits of joining our retail management team include:
- Working for a stable, debt-free company
- Closed on all major holidays
- Company-paid Profit Sharing
- Comprehensive benefits plan
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your management career with a growing company with sound business practices, and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you!
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will advance to an Assistant Store Manager where numerous opportunities for growth continue. As an Assistant Store Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of retail store associates in a fast-paced retail environment.
Additional responsibilities of the Assistant Store Manager include:
- Conducting daily store walk-through to determine department needs and ensuring products are sufficiently supplied and displayed
- Communicating areas that are in need of attention to individual Department Managers
- Conducting monthly safety inspections to determine store needs and completing necessary paperwork
- Providing training and directing supervision to Department Managers and store associates
- Conducting performance evaluations and verbal and written coaching regarding disciplinary action; scheduling associates in assigned departments
- Overseeing store advertising on a local level to ensure advertising quality and store inventory/supply
- Fulfilling corporate requests to ensure customer satisfaction and company goals are met
- Assisting in the daily unloading of trucks and transferring of products to departments
- Assisting in maintaining all store building/facilities and grounds
- Demonstrating awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and safety policies and/or procedures
Successful candidates for the Assistant Store Manager role must have the ability to relocate to any of our stores, if needed. Someone who values a safe working environment and has the ability to follow our safety guidelines would be a good fit in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment.
Additional requirements of the Assistant Store Manager include:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Ability to work evening shifts and able to work full shifts every other weekend
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background checks
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacations*
- Profit sharing*
- Parental leave*
- Flexible work schedule
- Associate discount program
- Exciting and engaging work environment
- Short and long term disability and life insurance