Best Western International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Communications Manager
at Best Western International, Inc.
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
The Associate Manager will support Best Western Hotels & Resorts strategic communications initiatives - including media relations and marketing - by planning, developing and distributing brand communications.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working with our internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop content for monthly brand communications to our hoteliers.
- Ongoing support updating and refreshing leadership profiles and messaging.
- Providing fresh content for brand press kits.
- Research industry trends and brand news, delivering a weekly report on brands in the luxury space.
- Provide support to media relations team - including event coordination and media management.
- Coordinate with hospitality/travel trade and luxury lifestyle publications and associations requirements for recognition of brand.
- Draft press releases for new property openings across North America.
- Support content creation for brand marketing collateral.
- Create content for brand social channels, incorporating marketing messaging.
- 2-5 years related experience in public relations or communications. Prior experience in the travel, hospitality, luxury lifestyle or related fields a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills needed for success:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines under pressure; strong time management skills.
- Well-versed in all social media and respective networking tools.
- Strong commitment to team and with a service oriented mind-set (this is hospitality after all)
- Strong follow-through as well as being detail oriented with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proactive and a mindset for problem solving.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.