Best Western International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Best Western International, Inc.
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Primary responsibilities include all aspects of domestic and international taxes, including the Company’s tax planning, compliance and provision procedures. The successful candidate will work with internal business partners, service providers, taxing authorities and other tax professionals into carry out their responsibilities. Position reports directly to Chief Financial Officer.
- Lead tax planning, research, compliance, preparation and filing of tax returns for federal, state, international and local jurisdictions.
- Responsible for the preparation of the tax provision and FIN 48 documentation for year-end financial statement disclosure, as well as, for quarterly financial statements.
- Responsible for all aspects of tax to include income tax, sales and use tax, franchise tax and other taxes.
- Responsible for tax payment calculations and extension requests.
- Liaison between the company and outside tax professionals, domestic and internationally.
- Coordinate international tax accounting and returns for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
- Ensure compliance of all tax filings and lead responses to all IRS, state, local and foreign tax notices.
- Manage income tax, sales and use tax audits. Provide solutions and resolve issues when dealing with federal, state and local tax entities in collaboration with outside experts as needed.
- Responsible for analysis for all tax general ledger accounts and related reconciliations.
- Collaborate with accounting to oversee and execute tax efficient transfer pricing and inter-company agreement structure.
- Responsible for maintaining system defined tax master data structure (e.g. Vertex) for billing purposes and ensure appropriate tax classification of new revenue streams.
- Monitor, research and implement procedures to incorporate proper book and tax accounting for new business scenarios and for adopting new tax regulations or accounting guidance.
- Evaluate the impact of new GAAP/IRS pronouncements and implement appropriately.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Work closely with staff, and assist in mentoring, coaching, training and evaluating staff.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by Senior Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax and/or Accounting.
- Minimum 10 years' progressive experience. Large public accounting firm or large corporate tax department is required.
- Tax experience working for a public company is preferred.
- Master of Taxation or Business Administration is preferred.
- CPA license is required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Individual who demonstrates desire for continuous improvement; resolves broadly defined problems by identifying root cause and creative solutions.
- May travel up to 10% of work time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.