BrightStar Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP of Information Technology
at BrightStar Credit Union
- Job ID
- Information Technology
- Regular Full-Time
VP Information Technology
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbor’s financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position directs the data processing function of the Credit Union to assure development and delivery of quality information processing services for Credit Union internal users and members. This role is also responsible for directing and administration of the records department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Directs the administration of the Information Technology department, including budgeting, performance monitoring, reporting, planning, priority setting, and staff management. Directs the administration of the records retention department through the records retention manager.
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises
- Develops and maintains effective and productive working relationships with user departments, senior managers, and vendors.
- Develops and implements long-range strategic plans to address the evolving information processing needs of the Credit Union and its members.
- Directs and monitors all hardware and software conversion, development, and enhancement projects.
- Participates in Credit Union management issues through standing and ad hoc committees
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- To provide training, development, support and leadership for all direct reports; establish and achieve management development objectives for individual managers.
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- To stay informed of current trends affecting the financial services industry.
- To ensure compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures
- To prepare a Department budget that is well documented and consistent with the strategic plan of the Credit Union.
- To establish and maintain an effective relationship with user departments, senior managers, and vendors.
- To ensure the collections department meets delinquency goals.
- To complete performance reviews within the prescribed time frame.
- To implement action plans to position the Credit Union for the future.
- Maintain knowledge with training.
BSA Compliance - every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Maintain knowledge with training.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Ten years to fifteen years of similar or related experience
Education: Equivalent to a college degree and a professional certificate or a graduate degree.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
Other Skills: 1. thorough knowledge of hardware systems, system software, networks, and application software development.
2. Previous financial institution and SUMMIT software experience preferred.
3. Must have excellent resource management, project planning, and communication skills.
4. Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually more moderate.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.