Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Portfolio Analytics
- Bridgecrest Leadership
- Business Unit
- 1720 W Rio Salado Pkwy
- Postal Code
DriveTime Needs an Assistant Director of Portfolio Analytics
DriveTime is the nation’s second largest used car retailer, focused on helping people find and finance used vehicles (trust us, it’s more exciting than it sounds). We have single-handedly rebuilt, retooled, redreamed and reconfigured the way people think about driving cars, breaking apart from the industry’s status quo. For more than 17 years, DriveTime has changed the auto world from the ground up while emphasizing values, morals and growth from the inside-out!
DriveTime’s goal is to take every customer on the full path to ownership. All the way from purchasing vehicles, inspecting and selling; to financing, servicing and warranties – when it comes to owning a vehicle - we know what’s up! As motivated as we are to take our customer on the path to ownership, we are just as focused on taking our employees on the path to owning their careers. Across the nation, from our home office and call centers to our 138 retail locations and 20 inspection centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as the Assistant Director of Portfolio Analytics will be responsible for driving company results through consistent strategy testing and implementation. Challenging the norm and letting the data guide us down the right path.
In long, the Assistant Director of Portfolio Analytics is responsible for:
- Developing collection strategies that increase customer payments or decrease collections expense through rigorous and thorough pilots.
- Developing and maintaining a reporting suite to monitor key metrics for success.
- Leading and developing a team of 1 – 2 analysts.
- Collaborating with a variety of stakeholders in various departments including: IT, Operations, and other analytical teams.
- Presenting, communicating, and gaining organizational buy in of complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Operate automatously. This isn’t a “hold your hand” kind of role. We give you autonomy to be creative in your space and do your thing. We need an individual that is self-motivated to get the work done and get the work done well.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Killer analytical and reporting abilities. You’ll need the capability to analyze data and in return, prepare timely reports on your findings.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates.
- Fantastic problem solver. Your job is not only to find the problem, but more importantly, find the solution.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You’ll need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Economics, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Physics).
- 5+ years’ experience in portfolio and analytics related fields.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing multiple operational projects, all at various stages.
- Experience with A/B Testing, Experimental Design, Economic Analysis
- Ability to connect with and identify area of opportunities throughout operations
- Experience evaluating tradeoffs/prioritization of projects and opportunities
- Proven experience working collaboratively with business leaders and team members across all organizational levels to set the agenda, engender buy-in, and drive action.
- Proven leadership and management experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Nice to Haves.
- VBA and SQL skills.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!