Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
A/H Front Office Supervisor
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2026
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
A/H Front Office Supervisor
Full Time, After-Hours
Weekly Schedule: Monday & Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pmFriday 1:00pm - 9:00pmSaturday 12:00pm - 8:00pmSunday 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Bilingual Type: Spanish
Req # 2532
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Assist in managing and administering the front office services in the AH (After-Hours) office.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Assists the Front Office Manager in monitoring the AH employee daily time swipes, overtime, and paid time off.
- Coordinate, direct and evaluate activity of staff ensuring that the office runs smoothly and providers have adequate coverage.
- Monitor AH patient schedule/ physician templates and call Senior Manager-AH or On-Call Physician Scheduler when necessary.
- Train AH front office employees on departmental policies and procedures, and ensure they are being followed.
- Assist with the selection, training/orientation and performance evaluation of departmental personnel. Adjust work schedules, and hours as necessary and delegate assignments to staff.
- Maintain communication between Human Resources, departmental heads and medical staff regarding matters such as administrative issues/problems, establishing and maintaining departmental goals or objectives, and performing employee/departmental evaluations.
- Perform new hire duties such as, training, ensure new hire attends Business Office orientation, ensuring orientation/ new hire paperwork is completed and submitted to Human Resources for the employee file. Also responsible for monitoring, mentoring and evaluating clinical performance.
- Resolve, document and report any conflicts/disputes or incidents/accidents involving providers, nurses, patients, and or parents.
- Responsible for handling subpoenaed record and making copies as necessary.
- May be responsible for AH "Loop Coordination" responsibilities such as receiving and filling daily staff needs for local offices.
- Ensure staff is up to date and complies with legal regulations set out by HIPAA and OSHA. Follow any OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation.
- Keeping a clean, safe and organized work environment for patients and staff.
- Attending any necessary meetings to be up to date on changes in protocol and procedures.
- Performs other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Front Office Management 1-3 years of work experience. *Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid*
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform necessary vital signs for pediatrics and obtain patient histories. Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization requirements for children. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Knowledge of management and nursing organizational theory to supervise the operation of the nursing department. Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development to train, delegate and mentor staff. Knowledge of medical safety practices and standard requirements to evaluate existing standards and implement new procedures. Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and direct the work of others. Ability to communicate clearly. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in identifying problems and researching and recommending resolutions. Skill in preparing records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Active CPR certification required.
- Prefer one to three years work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer desired.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!