Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Account Manager
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2080
Categories: Sales, Advertising/Marketing/PR, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Patient Account Manager
Full Time, Days
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday8:00am - 5:00pm
Bilingual Type: Spanish
Req # 2615
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Patient Accounts
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Supervise, train, and provide resources for staff to promote excellence.
- Oversees immediate staff and utilizes proper protocol during employee counselings due to misconduct or performance improvement recommendations.
- Monitors quality and production to secure highest possible departmental performance.
- Assist with identifying and resolving patient complaints
- Review refunds and system adjustment for management approval
- Oversees team’s productivity, audit, track and report problems. Compiles statistical data on a monthly basis.
- Meet with fellow managers on a regular basis to ensure continuity on managing staff.
- Maintains strictest of confidentiality.
- Handles interaction with collection agency.
- Maintains Collection Agency Analysis; raises issues and trends to Director.
- Identifies and works delinquent accounts by aging period and updates payment sources.
- Performs collection actions including contacting patients by telephone.
- Updates necessary information to ensure account resolution.
- Ensures insurance information is correct and active when applicable.
- Manages the research and reconciliation of unapplied/misapplied payments and credit balances
- Assist with special projects and reports to increase revenue.
- Monitors and ensures phone coverage is adequate.
- Audits accounts for compliance.
- Ensures mail correspondence is handled on a timely manner.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of billing and patient collection policies and procedures. Skill in defining problems, collection of data, interpreting billing information. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both English and Spanish.
- Three years supervisory or management experience in a medical environment preferred.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!