St. Luke's Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Director
at St. Luke's Medical Center
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is a 74-bed full-service hospital. Located in the heart of Tempe, near Arizona State University, the hospital offers a broad range of medical services and accredited physicians to care for a diverse and dynamic community. From its busy emergency department to its critical care unit to specialty programs like wound care and pain management, the Tempe St. Luke’s team is committed to providing high-quality care in a warm, friendly hospital environment.
Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is equipped with sophisticated medical technology, features all private rooms, electronic health records and wireless Internet access. The hospital’s experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide expert care and the best possible patient experience.
The director of Business Development is responsible and accountable for the strategic development and operational implementation of services for Medical Center. The director facilitates organization and management to achieve optimal and appropriate resource utilization by building and maintaining Service Line Development and performance improvement activities according to analysis of Medical Center operations, managing conflict and competing imperatives, and building customer loyalty among physicians, employees and the community. Must be able to respect diversity of each individual’s values, culture, spiritual beliefs and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients, visitors and co-workers. Participate in Medical Center performance improvement activities. Other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors
- Incorporates mission, vision and values into departmental initiatives and objectives
- Acknowledges the individual expertise and diversity of others and seeks to integrate those talents in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Exercises effective problem solving skills
- Makes decisions that are based on logical conclusions that reflect factual information
- Takes reasonable risks to achieve significant gain
- Embraces the change process as an effective tool for personal, professional and organizational growth
- Demonstrates support of Organizational Services Standards and Leadership Commitment Statement through all actions and interactions
- In collaboration with the CEO, plans and administers the operations budget for all Medical Center service lines:
- Develops annual budget
- Monitors budget to stay within targets
- Reviews and analyzes the Monthly Operational Data
- Presents, explains and defends the Monthly Operational Data