Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Local Motors, Inc.
To accelerate innovation by democratizing and decentralizing the way ideas are shared and products are manufactured. We invite the world to help us create vehicles that inspire, empower and nurture humanity.
Drive community engagement above all else. Ensure open dialogue and transparency with community members in order to facilitate innovation and empower the individual maker.
Engage and empower global communities of designers, engineers, fabricators and automotive enthusiasts to solve local problems, locally, through distributed making.
Foster open collaboration in order to drive faster, more cost-effective, more thorough product development to drive improved safety and quality.
Make transportation more sustainable globally by empowering maker profitability, defending and advancing the environment, and improving safety and well-being.
Strive to succeed in the face of failure; meet deadlines regardless of obstacles; exceed expectations in the design, development and distribution of critical tools, services and finished products.
- The Product Development Cycle at Local Motors runs at a fast pace, and we are constantly redefining how products are brought to market.
- As Project Manager, you will manage those development projects and ensure the execution is done on time and on budget.
- Working at a fast paced company means you will be involved in new projects and businesses as the opportunities arise, in real time.
- You will support the execution of Development Projects as well as advise on project structure.
- You will be requested to manage multiple projects, resources and deadlines and provide updates to the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage project schedules for various initiatives.
- Create and maintain action item lists for all projects, ensuring assignments are clear and due dates held.
- Write technical and business proposals and/or reports for projects related to the initiatives of the company.
- Maintain and build greater relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Identify potential new business opportunities that exist within the current customer base or technologies of engagement.
- Report progress on your projects to all levels of management.
- Manage project risk.
- Use tools of project management trade including but not limited to risk management, cost management, and schedule management.
- Improve organizational project management tools and processes.
- The position requires an ability to travel internationally.
- Perform any additional duties and functions as assigned by the Director of Programs, Program Manager or Executive Staff.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, or related field
- 2 - 5 year Project Management Experience
- Project Management Tools use experience (Clarizen, MS Project, Smartsheet, Etc)
- Technical Writing and Project Reporting
- Project management certification preferred (CAPM certification or equivalent is preferred but not mandatory)
- Any similar combination of education and experience may be considered
- Computer skills: Candidate must have advanced working knowledge of Project management tools, and have experience with MS office, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word and Excel. An understanding of internet functions, and metrics is desired.
- A pleasant demeanor, coupled with strong telephone, internet, face-to-face and written communication skills are a must. Follow up communications and strong organizational skills are essential.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.