Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Capital Project Manager (810064)
This position requires up to 75% travel and a valid driver's license for the state of residence.
The Capital Project Manager reports to Senior Vice President of Physical Assets and manages large capital improvement and new construction projects and also performs due diligence inspections for potential real estate acquisitions. The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travels frequently to conduct on-site construction project inspections of work in progress on a regular basis.
- Attends construction meetings and represents MAA’s interests in discussions.
- Performs interior inspections with general contractors and develops punch lists of items to be addressed.
- Performs mechanical inspections on all systems to ensure proper operation.
- Performs exterior inspections to ensure integrity and quality of workmanship of the entire structure.
- Reviews all third party inspection reports, identifies conditions needing further attention, and ensures follow-up and reports status and completion.
- Provide communication as required between operations, asset management, and associated contractors
- Prepares written reports of progress on each project on a regular basis.
- Interacts with and trains property staff on required inspections.
- Provides assistance to property with warranty services.
- Perform due diligence inspections for real estate acquisitions including, but not limited to, all exterior and interior facilities; roofing, attics and storage; parking and driveways; offices and amenities; property boundaries and fencing.
- Prepares written reports with photos to accurately assess and evaluate the present condition of acquisition target properties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in building construction, engineering or architecture required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- 3-5 years of construction project management and/or general contractor experience required
- Experience inspecting and monitoring large construction projects required.
- Valid driver’s license for state of residence required
- Experience with both mid-rise "stick-framed" and high-rise construction preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and expertise with construction project management practices and applications
- Knowledge of building and use permits and regulations
- Working knowledge new construction and renovations, including roofing, carpentry, drywall, painting, flooring, and windows; HVAC systems; electrical systems and appliances; plumbing
- General knowledge of contractual terms and conditions for building or maintenance contracts and warranties
- Knowledge and ability to read and understand blueprints, shop drawings and specifications
- Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing
- Skill in applying critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving methods
- Skill and ability to prepare reports and evaluations of projects, expenses and corresponding components
- Knowledge and skills to manage projects, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel frequently by motor vehicle and by air, including overnight
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: