Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fixed Asset Manager (Accounting 810064)
The Fixed Asset Manager reports to the Director of Corporate Accounting and is responsible for managing the Capital Accounting team and for the Company's fixed asset and project accounting processes including project tracking, fixed asset policy, and management reporting. The position will be responsible for developing, interpreting, and applying the Company's fixed asset policies and providing guidance to accounting staff and operations teams.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, develops, and implements capital policies and guidance in compliance with Company policies and GAAP, in conjunction with the Director of Capital Accounting
- Oversees the fixed asset sub-ledger and associated reporting, including monthly financial close
- Serves as a primary point of contact for fixed asset related analysis and questions
- Accounts for disposition and acquisition of assets, including allocation of purchase price
- Prepares monthly and quarterly capital spend for internal and external reporting
- Performs appropriate research to identify, interpret, and apply Company policies related to project tracking and associated fixed asset setup
- Manages SAGE FAS including input of fixed assets into FAS
- Maintains effective controls over fixed assets including monthly and quarterly analysis and coordination with internal and external auditors
- Prepares audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Communicates and works with Tax Department to ensure all tax books and depreciation calculations are correct
- Performs ad-hoc analysis related to fixed assets
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field and five or more years of fixed asset or project accounting experience in a corporate environment required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of all core and fixed asset accounting principles and best practices, including GAAP
- Knowledge of tax depreciation methods and rules including 1031 transactions and cost segregation
- Knowledge of SEC reporting
- Supervisory and leadership skills to assess, coach, develop and manage performance of others
- Process management skills to develop, document, analyze and improve processes and procedures
- Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Familiarity with Sage Fixed Asset Software and Yardi 7s or related systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint)
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: