Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Management Specialist II-Temporary/Part Time
at MAAC Project
|Department:||Health Services & Healthy Homes|
|Location:||Casa De Milagros - San Diego, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Part Time No Benefits|
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Caseworker II provides services to clients. The primary purpose of these services is to break the cycle of poverty and provide needed skills for clients to become self-sufficient. Services may include, but are not limited to: job placement; job training; budget counseling; emergency food; client advocacy; eligibility determination; energy services and any activity commensurate with case management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Maintain and provide services to caseload as mandated by the contract and provide follow-up
- Provide intake services to clients; assess needs of clients
- Assess skills, abilities and interests as related to appropriate and approved training
- Initiate and maintain case management of clients
- Provide services needed to obtain self-sufficiency
- Provide services for employment and job training referrals/placements
- Make recommendations of job search strategies which are appropriate for client
- Provide individual coaching for clients in setting up and preparing for interviews
- Maintain working relationships with employers and job developers
- Follow-up with clients placed in jobs as needed to provide supportive services
- Provide follow-up and job retention services
- Provide translation/interpretation services
- Attend job fairs, resource fairs, community events, etc.
- Attend meetings as required
- Provide orientation and stand-up presentations as required – and other related duties as assigned
- Social services in San Diego County
- Developing jobs in the private sector
- Case management skills; accurate and thorough documentations skills
- Effectively communicate with person of diverse cultural/socio-economic backgrounds
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Associate of Arts Degree in Social Work or related field
- Four (4) years of experience in the field of employment, job training, or related social services in a social service agency.
Must have a physical examination, TB and vaccination clearance as required by state and federal regulations and a drug screen by a doctor/clinic designated by MAAC prior to the first day of employment.
Union Membership ( if applicable):
This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 221, CTW. Dues/deductions begin after 30 days of employment.