Under the direction of the Desktop & Mobility Services Director, the Desktop & Mobility Services Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Desktop & Mobility team and oversees the administrative operations. Provides technical and business leadership, guidance and support to the Desktop & Mobility team.
- Manage the daily operations of the Desktop & Mobility Services department
- Serve as a first point of escalation for technical, procedural and departmental personnel issues
- Coordination and management of team’s workload
- Coordination and management of various operational tasks
- Attend project team meetings and provide guidance and feedback as necessary
- Assist with the formulation of the team’s monthly operational reports
- Assist in the performance management and hiring process
- Ensure adherence to defined departmental policies and procedures
- Build and maintain relationships with IS department members and customers.
- When issues arise during off-hours, be available by phone and email to provide guidance and support to analysts who need assistance.
- Manage and respond to all support requests (incidents or service) submitted via our ITSM tool
- Manage the ITSM queue and assign tickets to the team
- Provide direct support of firm issued hardware to end users, this includes desktops, laptops, printers, MFDs, monitors, telephones, mobile devices (blackberry, smart phones, tablets), wireless access cards and other peripherals.
- Handle additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 7+ years’ experience in professional services with at least 2 years of managerial experience
- Excellent leadership, coaching and teaching skills
- A commitment to first-rate customer service, well-balanced with an understanding of policies and procedures
- Highly flexible communication skills:
- Ability to rapidly translate between the technical and non-technical sides of a situation in a way that ensures understanding and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team and independently as necessary
- Strong time management and organizational skills with exceptional attention to details
- Must be able to write clear and concise technical, procedural and policy documentation
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in Windows Operating Systems and Applications including but not limited to current versions of:
- Windows 10, Lotus Notes, Outlook 2016, Desksite/iManage, Microsoft Office, Citrix Remote Access, VPN, Wireless Networking and SharePoint.
- Basic knowledge of the support of MAC operating systems and common applications.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and effectively complete designated job assignments under significant time and supervisory pressure.