Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
21-592 Bookstore Supervisor - High School
at Marana Unified School District
Job Reference #: 2939
Openings as of 10/14/2020
- 21-592 Bookstore Supervisor - High School JobID: 2939
- Position Type:
Secretarial/Clerical/Bookstore Supervisor - High School
- Date Posted:
Marana High School POSITION SUMMARY
- Orders and receives school textbooks per district policy and school activity and office supplies.
- Disburses and collects textbooks to/from students; collects and records fees.
- Maintains textbook inventories.
- Collects and maintains accounting for student activity and auxiliary funds, deposits funds, issues checks and reconciles all related account records.
- Enters and accounts for all Purchase Requisitions for student activity, auxiliary and miscellaneous accounts.
- Issues caps and gowns related to graduation ceremonies, collecting applicable fees.
- Issues lockers and maintains related assignment and repair records.
- Schedules, assigns and supervises bookstore staff.
- Enters and accounts for all Purchase Requisitions for Student Activities, Auxiliary and Miscellaneous accounts.
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of accepted bookkeeping and office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory practices and procedures.
- Ability to operate modern office and computer equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make quick and accurate mathematical computations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students and parents.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
Orders, receives, distributes and collects fees for school textbooks and school supplies. Receives and disburses student activity funds.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb sit, stand, bend, stoop and walk. The employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
This position normally works indoors. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have contact with students, staff, parents and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$14.40/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
12 Month position - 8 hours/day
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!