Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Operations Manager - Job #20-084
at Marana Unified School District
Openings as of 3/21/2019
- Transportation Operations Manager - Job #20-084 JobID: 1501
- Position Type:
Professional/Exempt Non-Teaching/Transportation Operations Manager
- Date Posted:
Transportation POSITION SUMMARY
- Manages and coordinates assigned departmental operations including dispatch, customer service, and technology maintenance.
- Assists in facilitating the delivery of District student transportation services in accordance with State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel; ensures staff compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversees dispatch operations including scheduling field trips, coordinating student routing, and maintaining bus schedules.
- Coordinates the delivery of customer service as required by parents, students, schools, administration, and the general public.
- Collaborates with school personnel in the resolution of transportation issues involving field and athletic trips, boundaries, bus stops, and/or transportation software.
- Serves on the District’s Boundary Planning Committee; conducts research and assists in resolving school boundary issues.
- Compiles data and prepares and maintains a variety of records and/or reports in relation to fleet mileage, fuel, and student counts.
- Supervises the Department’s administrative functions pertaining to payroll, billing, and geocoding.
- Assesses departmental technology requirements; develops and maintains transportation data programs; coordinates the implementation and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- Provides software training and/or troubleshooting assistance to departmental staff as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Principles and practices of student transportation administration.
- Dispatch principles and customer service protocols.
- Regulations and standards governing departmental activities.
- Transportation systems and software.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Managing and coordinating assigned District transportation functions.
- Assisting in ensuring the delivery of quality student transportation services.
- Overseeing transportation dispatch and customer service activities.
- Compiling data, preparing reports, and assisting in resolving transportation issues.
- Supervising, leading, and delegating tasks and authority.
Plans, coordinates, and manages assigned operations for the Marana Unified School District’s Transportation Department; supervises dispatch and customer service functions; participates in resolving transportation related issues; coordinates the maintenance of departmental technology systems; prepares and maintains a variety of transportation records and reports; and supervises assigned personnel.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Required Knowledge of:
Associate’s Degree in a related field, and two years experience managing and coordinating the delivery of student transportation services; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary: Range #21
$51,849.00 - 57,756.00 (Pro-rated based on start date) “ASRS Retirees will have a lower salary due to the Alternate Contribution Rate”
Exempt Position - 12 Months
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.