Maricopa Integrated Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Maricopa Integrated Health System
Req # 25526
Nursing Administration · Maricopa Medical Center
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week, Days
(36) $36.91 - $59.05
Under the direction of the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer, the Project Manager directs and manages project development and support for Inpatient and Outpatient Nursing Services at MIHS. This position develops full-scale project plans; financial plans, quality audit follow-ups, and associated communications documents. In general, this position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple, simultaneous projects ensuring consistency with MIHS strategy, commitments and goals for Inpatient and Outpatient Nursing Services at MIHS.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Public Health, Healthcare Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience.
- Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible project management experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer Lean Six Sigma training.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other related certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools required.
- Working knowledge of nursing quality of care, patient safety, and patient experience.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet department objectives and deadlines consistently.
- Must be self-directed and display sound judgment.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to establish and cultivate constructive client relationships.
- Requires the ability to navigate and develop effective working relationships within a large, matrixed organization.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and follow through until resolution.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, work independently, and collaborate with team members.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year