Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant General Merchandise Manager (Harley-Davidson Bowling Green)
at Martin Group
Harley- Davidson Bowling Green is looking for a talented Assistant General Merchandise Manager to join our team!
Martin Automotive Group was recently named as one of the "20 Best Companies to Work For in Bowling Green, KY" https://www.zippia.com/research/best-companies-in-bowling-green-ky/. Martin Automotive Group is one of the most respected automobile retail organizations in the nation and has consistently been ranked in the Automotive News Top 125 Dealership Groups! We are a world class dealer group that employs over 400 service and sales professionals. Our company thrives on the goal of professional growth through customer and employee satisfaction.
By joining our team, you can expect to work on a team of dedicated and talented individuals. Our stores work with a collaborative approach and encourage success amongst each of our members. If you want to make an immediate impact, get recognized for hard work, and develop your career, this is the place for you!
- Excellent Pay Plan!
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Ensure merchandising presentation and sales floor replenishment meet the needs of the General Merchandise department, making effective use of fixtures, show cases, wall displays, mannequins, window displays, etc.
- Provide input from sales staff to General Merchandise Manager in order to help maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Ensure employees keep all merchandise and displays clean, well dusted, & appealing to customers.
- Answer telephone calls, providing price quotes and other information, capture customer name and phone numbers. Assist customers with their selection of merchandise & offer additional products. Keep registers accurate.
- Communicate regularly with the General Merchandise sales staff regarding policies, product availability, product style options, & product features/benefits.
- Actively coach, develop, prepare, & counsel sales staff to reach their fullest potential and maximize departmental sales & profits.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing workloads of employees.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Assist General Merchandise Manager with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, & terminating employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling. Weekend work hours are mandatory.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- At least 3 years retail sales experience; 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Ability to work well with the public.
- Ability to use personal computer and applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer