Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Merchant E
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Accounting Manager reports to the Assistant Controller and provides leadership and coordination to the company’s Accounting function. This position is responsible for ensuring that company accounting, audit and reporting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct month-end closing procedures
- Manage the Accounting Team
- Review inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Prepare BS and P&L account analysis
- Preparing month end journal entries
- Reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to GL
- Review and create monthly accruals
- Annual, quarterly and month-end close and review process
- Responsible for Sales and Miscellaneous tax reporting
- Assist Assistant Controller with Income Tax reporting
- Manage PBCs and other document requests from External Auditors
- Oversee all day to day accounting activities including accounts payable, and supervisory review of accounting staff
- Maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist Assistant Controller and CAO with Development and Improvement of internal controls over financial reporting
- Champion continuous improvement in accounting department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or a business related field required
- 5+ years work experience with supervisory experience required.
- Experience with SOX compliance strongly preferred.
- Experience with IPO readiness, execution and SEC Reporting Post IPO strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects utilizing strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Customer focused (both internally and externally)
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.