Mercy Medical Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mercy Medical Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Ambulance South Barry County
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Perform direct patient care including assessment, evaluation, basic life support, and advanced life support according to the goals of Mercy’s Health System, the philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy Standard of Care, and the Employee Code of Conduct. Field Supervisors also perform clerical, maintenance duties, and act as preceptors of EMT and Paramedic students. Also supervise EMTs and Paramedics in daily routine and pre-hospital care settings. Field Supervisors make operational decisions in the absence of an EMS Manager of Operations Supervisor and instruct EMTs and Paramedics on in-services, education, and driving. The incumbent in this position shall carry out his/her responsibilities and integrate into his/her style of management the Mercy Philosophy of caring for the sick and suffering, respect for human life, and the dignity of each person; applying Christian values to all crucial human issues in the area over which he/she has responsibilities. Performs related duties as assigned.
We’re all unique pieces of a puzzle at Mercy, connected together to create a beautiful picture of health. And being the perfect fit for your role requires a specific set of qualifications that you’ll bring with you:
- State of Missouri EMT-P if working in Missouri
- ACLS & PALS within 6 months of hire/transfer
- BTLS provider required
- BLS/AED & Missouri EMT-B Instructor preferred
- Mutli-Lead Medic or equivalent 12 Lead Interpretation Course
- Hazmat Awareness Level Training
- State of Missouri Class E Driver’s License
- Background as an EMT-P and experience with driving emergency vehicles required
- 3 years Paramedic experience required
- Teaching experience required
- Must be at least 20 years of age at time of hire
- Must be able to respond quickly to ambulance, access patients in difficult terrain, climb stairs, work in close and dangerous environments such as damaged vehicles, carry equipment and patients with partner, perform strenuous physical requirements in various environmental conditions, and perform required medical skills and techniques.
- Must have correctable vision acceptable for day and night operation of emergency vehicle, color acuity adequate for determination of skin and blood color, and be able to read medication dosages on drug labels and syringes.
- Must be able to hear and understand information provided by patients, family, or bystanders, hear breath sound and accurately determine auscultated blood pressure, differentiate separate conversations in active, distracting environments, hear and understand radio traffic when responding with lights and sirens, speak and enunciate clearly and at a level audible to others in loud conditions, speak clearly in stressful situations, verbally communicate with patients, family, and other emergency services personnel.
- Equipment used includes mobile and portable communications equipment, monitor/defibrillator/pacer, approved stretcher, stair chair, backboard, scoop type device, variety of bags and kits, assigned ambulance, computer, FAX, printer, and other office related equipment.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.